Senior DevOps Platform Engineer DescriptionJob #: 62131
Currently we are looking for a Senior DevOps Platform Engineer for our Wroclaw office.
As part of team you will be engaged in providing the DevOps Platforms solutions and services. In this position you will be working in various roles along the full application lifecycle: analysis & design, development, integration, testing, documentation, maintenance and decommissioning. During these phases you will work closely together with your colleagues in the team, Delivery Management, worldwide distributed production support, as well as product owners.
As a methodology we apply Rational Unified Process (RUP) by IBM and Agile/ Scrum adapted to the environment.
ABOUT THE POJECT
Our client is one of the largest investment banks in the world.
At the start, your work is related to provide the DevOps Platforms services in the area of IT implementation. This includes the integration, preparation and provisioning of 3rd party developer tools to Unix/Linux based developer servers. Our core application in this area is a central provisioned continuous integration (CI) environment, based on Maven, GitLab, Nexus and Sonar.
• You will use your experience as a developer and an integrator (if any) to support 3rd-partyvendor products used by the developer community. You will integrate the products in the Client’s environment, including preparation and provisioning them to Unix/Linux-based developer servers.
• You will act as a Subject Matter Expert on the topics of 3rd-party-vendor products usage and extension, primarily for our centrally provisioned Jira, Confluence and continuous integration environment
• You will work in UNIX environment, applying your UNIX-shell-scripting skills.
Project technologies and tools
- CI environment (Maven / GitLab Pipeline / Nexus / Sonar)
- UNIX Shell scripting in bash, ksh, perl and awk
- OS UNIX (Linux RHEL, Solaris), Windows
- WebServer Integration (Apache / Tomcat)
- LDAP Integration
- Work in different roles across the whole solution lifecycle (system analysis & technical design, frontend- & backend-development, system integration, documentation, third level support)
- Primary provide subject matter expertise and extension of 3rd party applications in best quality as requested by specifications
- Integrate and document your provided solutions
- Analyze root-causes in case of incidents and provide solutions for solving the problem
- Support technical concepts, effort estimations and feasibility studies
- Perform code reviews and share best practices with colleagues
- 3+ years of experience as Developer/System Integrator of 3rd party vendor products
- Ability to work in an independent, pro-active, systematic, structured manner in an agile environment and team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to display initiative and commitment, as well as excellent organizational skills and keen perception
- Good teamwork
- Excellent social skills
- A very good command of English (oral and written)
Nice to have
- MySQL, PL/SQL
- System know how of UNIX (x86 Solaris x86 or Linux)
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- English language classes
- Polish language classes for Foreigners
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects (ex. to USA or Switzerland)
- Benefit package (private insurance, health care, multisport, lunch tickets, and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Possibility to be involved in an international project
- Remote work options
- Mentoring programs with experts that will help you to grow
- Discount on Apple products up to 10%
- Relocation package for foreign applicants as well as for people relocating within Poland
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted