Business Consulting Senior Manager– Insurance DescriptionJob #: 58870
Are you passionate about technology and its application in the Insurance Industry? Are you customer-focused and enjoy delivering innovative digital solutions to clients? Do you have an eye for detail, while being able to keep sight of the bigger picture?
Then you have an opportunity to work with the best-in-class engineering, experience design & consulting teams as a Senior Manager grade Business Consultant, where you will play a vital role in shaping solutions and helping us grow our business.
EPAM Systems recruits exceptionally talented people who have a passion for and take pride in their work and are motivated in delivering results relentlessly. We believe that every one of our employees makes a difference and contributes to the momentum that moves us ahead in achieving our goals.
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in our DNA.
We enable our clients’ business transformation by engaging multi-disciplinary teams who combine
deep business expertise with design thinking, world-class engineering, modern operations practices
and leading tools and frameworks for optimizing performance. We are Digital Orchestrators and we deliver agile transformation at scale.
We are passionate consultants, designers, architects and engineers who enable our customers to be competitive and disruptive in the marketplace through innovative technology solutions while helping them to navigate successfully through multiple waves of technology change.
The position is based in London within our Financial Services Consulting team. As part of our strategic growth, we are looking for a consultant with deep experience in either the Commercial, Speciality & London Market Insurance sectors who aspires to join a vibrant, growing and dynamic team, which still processes a pragmatic “start-up” mindset - but within an established global firm. You would help grow our capabilities in the UK Insurance consulting practice and, working with Account and Delivery teams, drive engagement through the entire project lifecycle from pre-sale to execution and ongoing engagement with EPAM’s Insurance clients. This means realizing additional EPAM services beyond consulting-led engagements such as UI/UX-service design, digital transformation, business-driven technology and software engineering services, and intelligent automation / robotics. You would expect to leverage your in-depth subject matter expertise in the insurance domain, potential network relationships as well possessing a solid background in external consulting skillsets with hands-on transformational experience. You would be entrusted with senior project advisory and delivery roles within multi-disciplinary team environments and face off with senior client stakeholders, SME’s as well as actively managing client relationships. Furthermore, you leverage your expert methodology know-how in preparing and overseeing high quality deliverables.
This role also provides important consulting advisory and subject matter leadership with pre-sales / business development and client account teams such as developing proposals, creating thought
- 8-12+ years relevant combined industry and consulting experience with at least 3 years at a Manager or Senior Manager grade as an external consultant. Consulting experience with “Big-4” Advisory and/or reputable consultancy boutiques / system integrators with an insurance business domain focus is a pre-requisite
- Possess an excellent understanding of Commercial & London Market and the wider UK insurance market, including regulation, market initiatives and drivers of change; aligned with proven knowledge and expertise in consultancy deliverables and market solutions. This includes area such as: business /IT architecture capability & Operating models, front-to-back processes, policy & claims management, risk management and modelling, compliance, and corporate functions, digitalization solutions, key regulatory changes
- Understanding of other European insurance markets (e.g. Switzerland) is preferred but not required
- Experience demonstrating business-led technology transformational project credentials is a pre-requisite to the role
- Bachelor's / Master's degree from an accredited university
- Advanced ability to develop innovative and multi-disciplinary solutions with various teams across dispersed teams and cultures is key
- Knowledge / experience with digital innovation, customer experience, “InsurTech/FinTech” eco-systems and advising on market dynamics would be desirable
- Robust project management methodology skills (i.e. waterfall/ agile) applied within multi-disciplinary project environments are expected. Furthermore, brings typical senior external consultant skillsets such as requirements engineering, process design, workshop facilitation, change management
- Ability to advise and support pre-sales and account management teams by providing domain expertise and consulting methodology know-how, assisting with proposal preparation, value proposition presentations, and developing service and solution offerings
- In-depth experience with senior multi-stakeholder change management and full project cycle activities
- Possessing key client relationships and networks plus contributions with business development activities is important
- When required team leadership skills and staff mentoring combined with high emotional intelligence
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary and dispersed project teams within a matrix organization
- Entrusted with senior project roles acting as the face-off to clients and project sponsors
- Strong team player skills and working under pressure / deadlines within multi-stakeholder environments while dealing with ambiguity
- Advanced communication, presentation, facilitation, MS-Office & VISIO, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in other foreign languages would be an advantage
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period