Lead Engineer - Informix DescriptionJob #: 51579
EPAM Systems are currently seeking an experienced solution architect to join us on a contract basis to work with one of our leading clients in central London.
- Review, analyze and document existing database architecture and infrastructure
- Recommend best practices and optimal technical approaches for modernizing a legacy database system including upgrades, re-architecture, infrastructure, schema design and data modeling, data migration, real-time replication
- At least 5 years of experience as a hands-on Informix production Database Administrator is a must
- Expert level proficiency in database architecture, configuration, stored procedures, queries and development
- Expert Level Proficiency designing and implementing Large Scale HA/DR Environments
- Experience with legacy migration and modernization aspects of database engineering
- Excellent understanding of general database design and development
- Experience with very large databases and/or data warehousing
- Proficiency with fundamental RDBMS principles, database design and data modeling
- Experience with performance tuning, performance testing and monitoring
- Understanding the full development life cycle, development methodologies, and version control
- Must be able to perform root cause analysis and address performance problems
- Cloud experience - AWS, GCP and Azure are a big plus!