Lead Business Analyst / PO (Market / Credit Risk SME) DescriptionJob #: 50639
Are you a subject matter expert in Risk, passionate about technology and its application in Financial Services? Are you customer-focused and enjoy delivering innovative solutions to clients? Do you have an eye for detail, while being able to keep sight of the bigger picture?
Then you have an opportunity to work with the best-in-class engineering and design teams supporting you in delivering value to our UK Financial Services clients. As a Senior or Lead Business Analyst, you will play a vital role in shaping solutions and helping us grow our business.
Come join us!
EPAM recruits exceptionally talented people who have a passion for and take pride in their work, they are perfectionists in what they do. As a result of significant customer demand, we can offer the opportunity to be part of our team as we continue our year on year growth.
In this role you will take responsibility for commercial relationships and deliver end to end solutions with leading edge software and digital technologies whilst working across our portfolio of FS Accounts. As a Senior or Lead BA and subject matter expert in the Risk domain, you will be largely based on customer site typically in London/South-East but projects can be European-wide.
We are looking for customer- focused Business Analysts who can evidence a proven track record in delivering software development solutions. The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert in Market and/or Credit Risk and have a keen interest in working for clients across the Financial Services industry. In return, as a high growth digital consulting business we can offer the opportunity to work alongside our best in class engineering teams & domain experts to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, Business Analyst or Consultant in the Risk function, understanding the Client’s business needs and translating them into requirements for development teams
- Be a role model, and have the opportunity to lead a team of more junior Business Analysts, helping them grow their capabilities and develop their careers within EPAM
- Provide subject matter expertise in Business Analysis practices to help Account Managers grow EPAM’s profile with new and existing Clients
- Help Clients understand the best mix of technologies, solutions and services, and how to deliver them to maximise business value
- Work and collaborate with various offshore and 3rd party suppliers, adapting your communications approach to meet the business demands
- Understand and stay abreast of current and emerging trends in the Risk and Financial Services domain, be aware of opportunities and challenges in the markets and geographies in which our Clients operate and how it may impact our Client’s business
- From time-to-time provide consultancy or support business development and sales activities
- Have a deep understanding of Market and/or Credit Risk, and possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the Risk function of major Financial Services institutions
- Risk calculation knowledge (TV, Greeks, PnL, RWA)
- Experience working on Basel MCR, FRTB, and/or Mifid
- Strong general experience working across the Financial Services domain, including Asset & Wealth Management, Regulatory, Core Banking and payments
- Be familiar with emerging Financial Services trends and their application in the industry
- Have end-to-end delivery experience of at least 3 software delivery projects
- Possess a strong Agile mindset and be familiar with other development methodologies
- Be able to “shape”, so understand the high-level business needs, the impact of technology, and be able to transition into project delivery
- Have experience of working with nearshore developers, and understand the challenges of working in a remote delivery model
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and client management skills
- Have experience of working in a sales environment, which also includes the ability to sell ideas internally
- Have the passion and desire to keep learning about new practices and technology, supporting EPAM’s reputation for Software Engineering Excellence
What We Offer
- We offer a range of discretionary benefits from time to time, including:
- Group personal pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and social events
- 1 day off for your wedding and baby basket
- Tech purchase scheme
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period