Seeking a hands-on Mechanical Engineer and Systems/Project lead who is well versed in all phases of the design and development process, including the development and documentation of regulated medical devices and technology. The ideal candidate should have at least 10 years’ experience working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary engineering and design environment. He/she is well versed in the fundamentals of mechanical engineering, experienced in multi-disciplinary product development involving systems design, engineering development and human-centered design. He/she is an excellent communicator, has a strong track record of project management, from early discovery phases to manufacturing hand-off. The candidate will have proved team leadership experience and enjoys the art of motivating and developing people in line with their individual career goals and the short and long-term capability needs of the business. He/she can speak on a global stage about technology, design and innovation and inspire colleagues and clients.
Envision the future and make it real: He/she thinks strategically about the industry and focus on efforts that add significant value for people and business. The ideal candidate is driven to get innovation into the world.
Collaborate and lead a multidisciplinary team: He/she promotes collaboration and teamwork, both in his/her Project, Practice, and across Continuum. The ideal candidate manages conflicts and establish relationships inside and outside Continuum.
Inspire trust: He/she treats others with respect, always fair and equitable. The ideal candidate models and inspires high levels of integrity in professional and personal contexts.
Focus on Clients and Consulting: He/she can anticipate and identify clients’ requirements, expectations and needs, and foster client-focused service and environments. The ideal candidate is experienced in being a trusted advisor to clients.
Communicate clearly: He/she is an expert in communicating complex ideas to multiple audiences: C-suite, clients, partners, vendors, and teammates who may or may not be technically oriented. He/she is an excellent written communicator and excels in technical writing. The ideal candidate is able to convey ideas and mechanical solutions effectively in informal working contexts.
Engage, Inspire, and Lead Employees: He/she encourages teammates to set challenging goals and high standards of performance, and holds them accountable for achieving their goals and creates an environment in which high performance is rewarded. The ideal candidate lives Continuum’s values and supports the evolution of Continuum’s culture.
- Continue to pursue excellence in his/her craft and in the technology, design and innovation space. With a solid understanding of a wide range of mechanical engineering disciplines, he/she has great technical depth in at least one area (e.g. static analysis, mechanisms, electro-mechanical design, dynamics, thermo fluids, heat transfer, etc.)
- Operate as an accomplished Project Manager and Systems lead, leading large, multi-phase and multi-disciplinary design and development projects. His/her portfolio will encompass a variety of technology centric projects, including both consumer products and highly regulated medical devices. Mentor and guide the project teams and fellow PM’s in their most difficult client interactions
- Support Continuum’s sales and marketing colleagues through engagement and content leadership in successful sales and marketing opportunities
- Mentor and/or manage associate and/or senior members of the Mechanical Engineering group/Technology Practice
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline area
- Advanced Degree is desirable
- Extensive experience in technology-based consulting environment
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and mentor multi-disciplinary project teams
- Experience supporting business development activities
What We Offer
- We offer a range of discretionary benefits from time to time, including:
- Group personal pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and social events
- 1 day off for your wedding and baby basket
- Tech purchase scheme
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period